.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Father: Truth Teller, The Mother: Aya granny, Daughter 1: Najma, Daughter 2: HNK.

Monday, May 09, 2005

now I am an iraqi girl

Yeahooooooooooooo, now I can say I am an Iraqi girl. I get my Iraqi citizenship before 3 days.
I also went with my father to the shop and bought my present, He bought me a CD, DVD, and cassette player (portable CD MP3 VCD mini component).
Najma helped me to find some songs from the Internet and copied them to a CD, and I looked at the cassette that we have them in home. I found many om-kalthoom's songs, Fayrouze's songs,Abdel7aleem's songs and other singer that every body know them.


I am busy these days with Aya and home work. Najma began her studies :( So she can't spend time with us like before. Yesterday I was alone in the house and I heard a sound of bullets I ran quickly to the window to see if the road closed or not and I found it open. After some minutes Najma's came, she looked bale and she told me that she was too close from the bullets and she saw a man hold a gun pointed it into the policemen, and Najma's friend began to cry when the bullets broke up near from them.
Well, every family in Iraq spend times like this every day. This is what should we pay to America because it gives us the freedom that we need (Note: freedom means do what you want, even it's wrong and should not do. You are free, kill what you want. Steal anybody you want and anything you like) the only think that I studied it in history and discovered that it's right, that he freedom should be something useful. Serve the one AND the community.

hnk

6 Comments:

Blogger Jack B. said...

HNK, congratulations on your new present and citizenship.

We have a saying here in America that "Freedom isn't always free", to me freedom, REAL FREEDOM, doesn't mean doing anything you want just because you can, but instead doing things you should. I agree with you that freedom should be something useful. And I keep hoping that it comes to Mosul and Iraq sooner than later.

I see that the Iraqi cabinet is almost finished and that the writing of the constitution will come soon after. I don't why the terrorist insurgents keep at it - even the Saddam loyalists must know they have lost by now and the other terrorists who only want to kill American seem to be just killing innocent Iraqis. Instead of insurgents they just seem to be anarchists now and I hope they go away for your sake and your country.

Keep playing with Aya and doing your homework and be well. And tell Najma I'm sorry she was frightened. I can't imagine how bad it is over there in the Mosul streets.

5/09/2005 07:19:00 PM

 
Blogger waldschrat said...

Bullets and bombs and chaos are no fun. Please be assured that Americans don't want it any more than you do. Sadly I think things will be bad for many months, possibly for years. Do what you can to stay safe and live a normal life, that is all I can suggest.

5/10/2005 01:37:00 AM

 
Blogger waldschrat said...

No American would tolerate conditions in their neighborhood which forced their kids to dodge bombs and bullets on their way to school. Yet some folks seem to think it's reasonable to badmouth an Iraqi kid who complains that America has precipitated exactly that kind of thing in HER neighborhood. I think most Americans are good people, but some are a lot stupider than others.

5/11/2005 02:28:00 AM

 
Blogger Truth teller said...

bosaxi

The statement which made you respond in such a way was: "freedom means do what you want, even it's wrong and should not do. You are free, kill what you want. Steal anybody you want and anything you like"
HNK was talking about the freedom the American brought to Iraq, not the freedom she believed in.
If you read what she said after that statement "the only think that I studied it in history and discovered that it's right, that the freedom should be something useful. Serve the one AND the community", you will find I am right.

If you did so, you own her an apology.

5/11/2005 10:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Jack B. said...

Dr. Truth Teller I certainly understood what HNK was getting out which is why I quoted "freedom isn't free". Personally I think a lot of commentators tend to forget that your daughters are still young girl and not politically active adults. They just know what is going on in their own streets and hate it (I don' blame them). In Mosul one can argue that American "freedom" has brought chaos and terrorism to a formerly calm city. That's what HNK sees.

On the other hand, Saddam and the Baathists are gone and hopefully soon the terrorists are gone and HNK can learn what freedom really should be (something "useful" like she said).

5/11/2005 05:36:00 PM

 
Blogger waldschrat said...

hnk - You might find it fun to look at the following site for music from all over the world:

http://www.smithsonianglobalsound.org/

5/12/2005 04:46:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Click here to submit your site to the search engines for free!